View technorati.com

SURVIVOR: the REALITY of my LIFE

DEAR CAREGIVER

>> Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I want to share this poem to my fellow caregivers around the world. Calling them to write something of what's really going on of working in an elderly especially those who are staying 24hrs duty like me.As we always said caregivers are the hero's of all sick and elderly for giving such cares that always there every hour of the day.I also want to give credit to the author of www.helenemoore.com for letting me to repost these to my site.Not all of her readers can also be mine. I wish and hope soon i can read that book of hers.Below is the poem she made for us my dear caregivers.PLEASE READ.....

Adopt A Caregiver.

Give the gift that lasts forever, and costs nothing. If you make any New Years resolutions, please think about giving back. Adopt A Caregiver is the perfect way to do this.

Look around your community, surely there is someone there who is a caregiver. All it takes is an email to let them know you care, that you are thinking about them.

I encourage every caregiver to write in a journal. write three things you are grateful for. Yes, you can find a few things to be grateful for. Even as I was going down that long caregiving road, when I wrote in my secret journal, I found things to be grateful for.

And now, I am most grateful that I did publish my book, Behind The Mask, because it is every new caregivers story.
Because of my book, I have vowed to make my vision for the future of caregivers to be a better one. We can’t wipe away all their tears, but we surely can help them.

There are so many ways to keep in touch. You will find friendship and rewards coming back to you in ways you never thought of. I know, because I’ve done it all.

Keep love and kisses in your life.helene / vhing .



Link

1 comments:

Grace December 2, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

This is a good story, Vhing.
I always had a high respect on caregivers. Please take care always.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin