View technorati.com

SURVIVOR: the REALITY of my LIFE

LONGEVITY in my own observations

>> Saturday, April 18, 2009

After viewing the National Geographics featuring of thier expert touring three corners of the world searching the oldest humans that still alive and thier history was very interesting to me.I'm surfing the whole week of  some related topics  to compare  my observations in my work  of those ages 80 and above that I meet here.I have nieghbor in Tel Aviv before with a co-pilipino worker in  her  employer age  104 years old .They called me first what to do and I even speaking thier employers to explains and settle sometimes of thier differences . Not just two or five but its more that since I became caregiver.In Jerusalem I have also good friend working to an old woman of 106 years old when she died.Elderly men and woman I spoke in a certain period of time ,I have one thing  that observed in common from them and came into my conclusions that this is one and first factor of making them living longer. It was the SENSE OF HUMOR I found.

According to encyclopedia's record - HUMOR - in early Western physiological theory, one of the four body fluids thought to determine a person's temperament and features. As hypothesized by Galen, the four cardinal humours were blood, phlegm, choler (yellow bile), and melancholy (black bile). The variant mixture of these humours in each person determined his “complexion” or temperament and his mental and physical qualities. The ideal person had the perfectly proportioned mixture of the four fluids; a disproportionate amount of one humour created a personality dominated by one set of related emotions  like for example a choleric man was easily angered, proud, ambitious, and vengeful.

Second factor was the no accident .I could say YES too.Here once an elderly fell down like in a chair while sitting,in the bath room or even standing without any reasons and it was by accident, we caregivers are  worried that this might be the lost of our employers. Not to the extent of because we needed it just for the sake of good record making caregivers to find good family to served with.Another family makes too hard sometimes during the adjustments period and it takes longer time or more than of what we had before.Always having comparisons of two families,the before family and the present to which impossible to be like each other.

3 comments:

dhemz April 18, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

very well said tVhing and thanks for sharing...grabi naman talaga dyan teVhing ano...over 100's na yung mga edad nila...bihira lang yan ngayon...ewan ko sa pinas.....never heard any.

Grace April 18, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Hi Cuz Vhing... it is so nice to be here again.
This is such a good post.
By the way, what is the word Yanozra means?
Have a happy weekend!

Badong April 19, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

i agree. nakaka-pahaba talga ng buhay pag may sense of humor. sabi nga, 'laughter is the best medicine'. so always be happy. hehe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin