View technorati.com

SURVIVOR: the REALITY of my LIFE

Cooking and Food Time Talks to caregivers!

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Since I started to work here we agree that I can cook my food once in a while because they have village kitchen here, they called it "kadar'ha'okel"(not sure of the spelling but words sounds like it) which means "DINNING PLACE".We have food budget there but sometimes we are looking our native foods to eat. No problems to the office who manages the old woman and also to the family around her. But sometimes the elderly itself is the main problems. Some caregivers never never allowed to cook or bring foods even that is their local foods to their work place. For caregivers wanted the work assigned to them, stay there and sacrifice, if not you can go out and look for another job.In my situation is different it is she likes me to cook sometimes and hate sometimes.So..I need to observed first the mood before cooking. lol. I'm expecting that to all elderly because of their life experiences they've always bear in their mind the word "SAVING of EVERYTHING!" and need to do it then followed them.This is one treasure I acquired in working here as caregiver to an elderly."Save___ , save___ and save___ and save___."

Now , lets go to cooking - Last Sunday's tiring trips to Jerusalem , Monday- we're been to the general consultant of my old woman in Billingson hospital, one hour maybe drive up to there and another hour coming back home.Tuesday- a regular tiring day here inside the house and now Wednesday- I'm feeling a little bit homesick. I want to eat something that makes me feels good. I always have here a rice stick noodles, I bought veggies and fruits every Sunday before coming back to work and some ingredients have already in my cabinet. So...here is what I cooked......pancit bihon!!!

Hey wait...Oh yeah! you're right! NO MEAT AT ALL ! I want to escape eating meat for few days maybe. I've just cooked it with chicken flavor mix and soy sauce(toyo-silver swan) with the biggest onions I found in public market.Joining one big head of garlic also and olive oil.No salt and pepper added, veggies are carrots, broccoli flower and cabbage.

5 comments:

shydub July 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

mami vhing pahingi sa noodles mo kahit walang meat okay lang ang daming veges niyan. Nakakgutom tong post mo vhing.

Grace July 22, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Wow! Yummy! Nagugutom ako ah. :)

Dhemz July 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

hello teVhing...my gosh..sarap ng bihon...wala pala tong meat...hehehe...veggies is good..at least my nilagay kang chicken mix...gutom tuloy ako...:)

Rechie July 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

sarap naman nito ate vhing..nkakagutom nga

OHMYGUMS July 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

I always love pansit, never tried it with broccoli though... masubukan nga minsan. my American and Cuban co-workers looooooove it as well and i feel good when they request me to cook some for them. :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin