View technorati.com

SURVIVOR: the REALITY of my LIFE

EREV ROSHASHANA

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009

On September 18,2009 will be the Jewish New Year's Eve holiday.They have dinner and I am sure I'll be sitting beside my employer.It is my responsibility that where ever she goes I'll be on her back or beside her. lol..

In the bible Israel is called as "the land of milk and honey", so during their new year's eve they always prepared a long table dinner for the whole family(private) and here in my work place(kibbutz) is for the whole village people gathered together.Erev roshashana is the new year's eve in the whole world celebrations. Roshashana means "head of the year" . So..expect me to eat all their foods speacially their fruits of the year.Here are some lists of fruits and each symbol why they need to eat and prepared all of these during new year.

Hello world..did you know that pomegranates has 613seeds inside of one fruit? I know Jewish counted this,lol.Just today and my first time ever I knew these, thanks to them sharing their knowledge and spreading their beliefs of new year holiday.This fruit is the number one special at the long table together with honey during the erev hag (new year's eve) .

Honey  symbolizes the sweet whole year.

Bread, and other fruits was deepen to honey before swallowing, hehehe. I'm just following what they are doing specially if the family of where I'm working with is eating it.

Green spinach  symbolizes for green year with good harvest in the farm. They also prepared rounded head carrots.

Dates as sweet also, black eyed beans, leek, apples and gourd and more leafy fresh salads.

Rosh means head , so they are eating the "head of the fish"  which symbolizes the abundancy and fertility.

3 comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

uy sis, ang sarap pala dyan pag ganyan season ano, kaya lang magastos pero ok na rin kasi ganun ang tradisyon nila...Values Reviews, Business

Grace September 18, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

Hi Sis Vhing, just dropping by to say "hello" and I dropped EC, too. :)

shaine September 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Shana Tova veh kulam! busy ka te nuh, buti na lang dito lang kami sa bahay, kakatamad lumabas hehehe mglaro na lang ako sa farm ko.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin